Metro Program (Youth)
The Metro League is for club teams in the Metro region (Feildians, St. John's, Mt. Pearl, Paradise, CBS, PC-SP, CBN, Southern Shore and Burin). Metro League games are scheduled during the outdoor season and teams train during both the indoor and outdoor seasons.
Feildians supports and encourages our multi-sport athletes. We try and accommodate the most common clashes when scheduling our practices and we do not have strict attendance requirements as a pre-requisite to play with the club. We do, however, expect our players to show commitment to the club and their team.
Jump to Winter Program Schedule
We understand that players may miss practices and games due to vacations, sickness or family circumstances. Outside of this, Metro players are expected to make all team training sessions and Metro games. Training through the winter is for players who anticipate playing in the summer. If clashes make attendance difficult, we will work with you to find a solution.
Players are encouraged to attend the optional summer morning camps to develop their skills & friendships.
Indoor season (November to April, registration opens in October)
- U7, U8, U9 U13 and U15 Metro teams train 1 x per week (schedule posted at registration)
- U10 and U11 Metro and all PYL teams 2 x per week (schedule posted at registration)
Outdoor season (May to August, registration opens in April)
- Team training 1-2 x per week (schedule posted at registration)
- Optional morning camps 2 x per week (see below)
- 5 to 6 game weekends with 3 to 4 games each weekend
Players will be assigned to a Metro League team during evaluations in the spring, if they are "Metro-ready".
- U7 and U8: All players are put on Metro teams, unless a player is not actively engaged in practices and games or is consistently disruptive. Players are assigned to teams on a first come, first served basis.
- U9and U10: Players must be actively engaged in practices and games, and have at least basic technical skills & physical literacy to help their team during games. New players are evaluated with the strongest players joining the rosters.
- U11 and U13: Players must be actively engaged in practices and games, and have good technical skills & physical literacy to help their team during games. New players are evaluated with the strongest players joining the rosters.
Winter 2024 Age Groups
|Year of Birth
Winter Program Schedule
The first day of winter training is November 15th, 2023. All training will conclude by April 30th, 2024. Specific holidays and training breaks will be provided once training starts.